At the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts, artists and audiences come together for the liveliest of cultural exchanges. Contributions are absolutely critical to fulfilling the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts mission, "to support and sustain the Sandler Center and its programs". Event ticket sales and other income cannot cover the cost of underwriting the Center’s programs.
Only grants and donations can make these programs possible.
The Sandler Center for the Performing Arts Foundation in a non-profit., 501(c)3 organization whose mission is to support and sustain the Sandler Center and its programs. The Sandler Center Foundation raised over $15 million for the Capital Campaign to help build the facility, today, the Foundation works to sustain the world-class programming and vital educational opportunities for the citizens and visitors of Virginia Beach —
not just this year, but every year.
- Your generous donations support:
- ACCESS the ARTS Program
- Driven by a passion to reach students who might not otherwise have the opportunity to experience the great works of music, dance and theatre the Sandler Center has to offer, the Foundation developed our ACCESS the ARTS program. This program allows us to reach at-risk and underserved students in Title 1 schools throughout Hampton Roads. The program provides grants to the schools that cover the cost of education programs presented at the Sandler Center. The Foundation hopes to grow this program by providing grants to send 4,000 students to a program in the 2011-2012 school year.
- Restricted Endowment Funds
- Education Endowment Funds
- The education endowment serves to bring the performing arts to Hampton Roads school children of all ages. The goal is to have "every child, every grade, every year". You can contribute to the fund by purchasing a paver or making a donation to the Foundation.
- Great Performance Series Endowment Fund
- With a contribution to the Sandler Center Great Performance Series Endowment Fund, you’ll help create a permanent source of funding to bring in not just the best performers, but the very best. You can contribute to the fund through our Buy a Seat campaign or by directly donating to the Foundation.
- "YNOT Wednesdays?"
- Support the "Ynot Wednesdays?" Free Summer Concert Series, bringing some of the region’s top artists to play in the plaza. Hampton Roads locals and vacationers enjoy the free, family-friendly concerts every week throughout the summer.
Doris Salem, Assistant Director of the Sandler Center Foundation at (757) 385-0227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sandler Center for the Performing Arts Foundation was founded in 2005 and is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization. Gifts made to the Sandler Center Foundation are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.